Dairy Ingredients: Past, Present, Future was another example of the success that can be achieved when industry partners work together for the benefit of the industry as a whole. Organized by La Fondation des gouverneurs and proudly sponsored by the Canadian Dairy Commission, this seminar offered an update on research, product development, and the impact they have on the use of traditional and new generation dairy ingredients. Presenters included experts in the fields of research, processing and further processing. It was an excellent opportunity to benefit from their experience and vision!
Guest Speakers and Topics
1. Mark Lalonde, Canadian Dairy Commission–Update on the Dairy Ingredients Marketing Program
2. Jacques R. Rolland, Ph.D, Vice-president of Research and Development, Agropur–Review of the applications of dairy ingredients in Canada
3. Michel Britten, Ph.D., Researcher, National Food Safety and Quality Program, Food Research and Development Centre (FRDC)–Dairy ingredients: An evolving market
4. Helen Bishop MacDonald, Dt.P., Nutrition Director, Dairy Farmers of Canada–Milk ingredients: A nutritional choice
5. Jacques Goulet, Ph.D., Professor, Food Science and Nutrition Department, Université Laval– Biofunctional applications of dairy ingredients